think tank holster for hiking

paul_soohoo2

<p>I did a lot of hiking this summer with a Nikon D300/ 18 -200 VR lens and at 12 - 24 f-4. I carried the camera and small accessories in a MountainSmith hip bag (not designed specifically for photography). The extra lens was carried on my belt in a Lowepro lens case.</p>

<p>I found the hip bag while workable was annoying to get my camera in and out of rapidly. I was thinking of a Think Tank Holster 20 v 2.0. <br>

Anyone have any experience with hiking with a holster instead of say a shoulder bag or sling bag? Any comments on Think Tank holsters??</p>

<p>I have the digital holster 20 v2. They are very well made and the version 2 have straps so you can attach a pouch to the side. Still if your carrying more then just a camera with a lens attached you may want to look into one of the speed bags that can be worn as waist belts or shoulder bags and they seem very popular.</p>

<p>I have the holster 20 too, and really like it. Well made, rain cover, etc. But the main reason I own it is the compatibility with the harness system. While backpacking, I can wear the holster in front while keeping my pack on. Very handy. I don't think you will be able to carry those two lenses at the same time though.</p>