Thin Soup!

Been kind of snowed & "puppied" in for the last couple of weeks - bad weather with a long, barely passable driveway (despite plowing it regularly). I haven't posted much, since I have been trying to stick to new(ish) images as much as possible, and I've taken / posted an awful lot of the Ranch. Seems to me there hasn't been as much interesting stuff as usual, or even as many posts as usual. Am I imagining it? Cabin Fever?

Am I imagining it?

Seems about the same as usual to me. I liked Drops and A Moment of Relaxation this week. Monochrome Monday also good, as usual.

Been kind of snowed & "puppied" in for the last couple of weeks - bad weather with a long, barely passable driveway (despite plowing it regularly).

Well, we’ve had two weeks of clear skies and averages of 75 degrees during the day. This whole winter seems to be turning into an Indian Summer for us. Bad for our never-ending drought and may mean another dangerous fire season.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

I do a lot of point-and-shoot normally but have been busy with updating my computer. My 128GB SSD C drive from a 2011 build was bursting at the seams, so I finally forced myself to install the 500GB SSD that I bought in late 2014! I installed Windows 10 and have been slowly putting programs back in. Now with cold weather and snow from time to time I don't feel like walking the neighborhood that much. Still a few things to do. Better now than in the spring or summer.
  • Like 2

I wish i had snow I NYC. snow offers many Kodak moments, great time to shoot.

sandy, I'll be on the next plane out... pick me up at the air port?

BTW where are you?

I wish pn would include the locations under the avi

The more you say, the less people listen.

I certainly haven't been getting out so much lately, with the weather cold and snowy. We just had another foot of snow here. I don't know whether it's reluctance or laziness, but I do prefer to keep things fresh rather than continuously digging in the archives. I've definitely been a bit lax in the no words category recently.
  • Like 1

It's been misty wet and cold down here in central Texas so I've been a homebody which suits me fine.

It's given me time to sort out a food allergy to raw onions. I love the taste of thinly sliced onions in smoked turkey sandwiches. Unfortunately after eating the sandwich instead of the water works from tears in my eyes I sneeze incessantly and clear fluid just flows from my nose as if I have a cold with body aches and sleepiness. Cooked onions I'm fine with. Just made some cajun gumbo soup with onions and Thailand jasmine brown rice.

Stopped eating the raw onions yesterday and I'm wide awake, dried up and full of energy. Saved me a trip to an allergist.

• Like 1

Along the lines of Fred's self portrait suggestion I noticed the face of your adorable sable colored dog (golden retriever?) you've posted several times in the No Words forum has a striking resemblance to your face as pictured in your PN avatar. I'm sure you're aware it's quite common for pet owners to unconsciously favor the faces of pets to their own. Another version of a "mini-me" I guess.

Maybe you could have you and your dog side by side facing the camera straight on as in your PN avatar setup on a tripod or table with a self timer. Hope you don't take this the wrong way. Not saying you have a dog face.

Where's the fun in that?

Just moving forward - using the cameras and taking new shots, to me is more fun than trudging through the past in my files. Most years out here there are intervals of mild temperature throughout the year - not this Winter though, and supposed to stay the same through the end of February. Suppose I'll have to get out the lights and do some tabletop stuff.

Where's the fun in that?

While I love sitting through my archives for different themes, discovering some older photos I haven’t thought about in years, it’s a lot of fun going out to shoot for a theme as well. Last one I did that for was Cupid/Eros. Easy enough since there’s a well-known sex club in town called Eros. and I didn’t know they had those colored lights projected onto the sign, which made for a better pic. Anyway, Luis’s theme got me out of the house about 2 in the morning, which is always fun in this city, as you never know who or what you may encounter . . . and it’s the one time of day you can find a parking space!

Also probably another reason God keeps Her distance from this town, but at least I got to tie two posts together. :)

Suppose I'll have to get out the lights and do some tabletop stuff.

Sandy, are you familiar with Josef Sudek? Czech photographer most active in the 20s and 30s. He did a lot of stuff right in his studio. I saw an exhibition of his photos a few years back in NY and got a book of his which I love. He often incorporates his windows into the shot and gets some interesting indoor/outdoor stuff. Well worth googling.

Also, Kertész’s book From My Window was done late in life, color polaroids of objects often taken on his windowsill. In his case, it was health, I believe, not weather, keeping him indoors.

Thanks, Fred, Certainly Kertész, and Sudek rings a bell, but doesn't call up an image - will have to look. I used to do "deskscapes" but right now that's a bit of a mess. :rolleyes:

My house is mostly windows - I've kind of worn that one out. Have been procrastinating on doing an article on my GXR or older Nikon film gear, so may go there. Cabin Fever!