I was perusing eBay this past Monday, in search of nothing in particular, and came across an auction for a Super Recohflex that was ending soon and had no bids. A quick search of this forum (which is my go-to place for user reviews on old cameras) led me to a recent post by member John Seaman (http://www.photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00cQi4). The quality of the images in John's post made me decide to put in a $20 bid ($5 more than the opening price) despite the fact that the description contained little information and the pictures were only sufficient to tell that the camera hadn't been run over by a truck, and that's about it. Well, despite a sniping attempt at the last second, I won the auction for a bit less than my max bid. I guess the other bidder wasn't quite as committed as I was. The camera arrived yesterday. To my pleasant surprise, the focus turned easily and the shutter seemed spot on. There was, however, another problem. The more astute readers among us may have already discerned from the title of this post that it was fungus. Quite a lot of it actually. I would say that this cameras had more fungus in it than any other camera I've ever seen. It was everywhere, inside the viewfinder, on the mirror, and on all surfaces of the lenses. Here's the viewing lens. The taking lens was even worse. Given the price of the camera I decided not to bother with trying to return it for a refund and just see if I could clean it myself. Since the focus wasn't frozen up, I didn't have to fiddle with the set screws around the front elements that seemed to give John so much trouble with his camera. The camera was actually really easy to work on. The screws holding the viewfinder and the front of the camera in place are all exposed, no digging around under the leatherette. All the elements were just screwed together or held in with retaining rings, some of which did require a bit of elbow grease to get moving. I managed to get the camera disassembled, cleaned, and halfway put back together in the span of one baby nap. I finished putting it back together and calibrated the focus this morning. Here it is all put back together and loaded with a fresh roll of Delta 100. Hopefully it won't take me the usual 2-3 months to finish the roll in it, as seems to be the norm for me these days. Considering the amount of fungus the camera had in it, I'm sad to say that it will have to spend the rest of its life in seclusion from the rest of my collection, just to be on the safe side.