TheInvisibleShield.com

aaron_lam

So... in no way am I affliated with this company but I just got one

of their screen protectors for my 1DMKII after trying a few other

products. I was never that happy with anything I found and just

settled on the idea of if it ever got scratched... I would just

repace the plastic cover before selling it (if that time ever

comes). But, there are definite advantages to having a $20 product

that is easier to order over the screen. It is just easier...

<p>

Anyway... this is a GREAT product. The picture preview is just a

clear. You can't really even tell it is there unless you touch or

hold it in the right light. Just thought I would share for anyone

who is looking for a similar product.

<p>

<a href=http://www.theinvisibleshield.com/index.asp?

PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=5>http://www.theinvisibleshield.com/inde

x.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=5</a>

I will put in another big endorsement for their products. I have one on my iPod and

another on the screen of my GPS receiver. These films are nearly indestructible. It makes

people cringe to see me do it, but I can now drag a key across the soft plastic of my iPod

without making a mark on the device or the cover.

Better yet, they will replace the covers if you ever do manage to scratch them. These are

not normal screen protectors. I read somewhere that they are a special 3M product called

ScotchCal, designed to protect paint on motorcycles and cars from chipping when hit with

rocks. It is apparently also used on the blades of military helicopters. Anything that can

withstand a sand particle impacting at faster than the speed of sound should stand up to a

belt buckle (or even Puppy Face's teeth!).

Teeth? Ok, now I have heard everything. I have had my old 1D for three years, shooting in all kinds of nasty places, had rocks hit the camera a race tracks, hit the ground when a race car flew into the catch fence where I was standing, beat and banged around against other camera bodies getting from place to place and still not a scratch on the ole screen. Heck, the body only has two spots where the paint is chipped.

I saw a used 1D for sale once that had 60% of the paint missing, yet it worked great, and the screen had two scratches on it, still looked good and didn't affect viewing though. But then again, those things are hard to view any way... glad the MKII N has a bigger view and ZOOM!

JS

for some reason consumers today think the LCD screen is far more important than anything else on the camera. I don't even use mine but once in a while.

now if ya find a way to prevent dust from landing on the sensor for $20 I'm in. Not looking for a blower or brush to clean it but a way to keep it from going there in the first place...oh well here's to hoping.

Andrew Carlson , oct 30, 2005; 03:22 p.m.

for some reason consumers today think the LCD screen is far more important than anything else on the camera. I don't even use mine but once in a while.

now if ya find a way to prevent dust from landing on the sensor for $20 I'm in. Not looking for a blower or brush to clean it but a way to keep it from going there in the first place...oh well here's to hoping.

Actually I have come up with a way to do just that...amazing the manufacturers haven't thought of it. The best part is it cost me maybe a dollar....but if I market it I think it will cost $20-$25 just so I can afford gas and new gear every week.....hey, if your willing to pay.... why not!