The Zeiss Wobble: Where to Send a Zeiss ZM Biogon Lens for Repair?

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>Where in the USA can one send a <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/361549-REG/Zeiss_1365_659_35mm_f_2_ZM_Biogon.html">Zeiss Biogon 35mm lens</a> (that has barrel looseness) in for expert tightening in the USA?</p>

<p>I emailed and phoned a guy named Richard Schleuning whose name I found on the web as a possible go to guy for Zeiss service, but so far have gotten no reply.</p>

<p>Any knowledgeable sugestion appreciated.</p>

<p>Rich is the best person to talk to. He may be on vacation or out of the office without any online connection, but I know he's quite reliable and responds quickly. If not him, then look up the Zeiss website, look for photographic solutions and contact the people there. They'll direct you to someone in the USA office if Rich isn't available.</p>

<p>I sent mine back to Zeiss in Germany and it came back absolutely perfect and smooth as butter. It only took about 2 weeks door to door. The repair was done in 5 working days from their receiving the lens. It was not cheap, however (145 euros without shipping). I know you asked about the USA, but the customs issues are usually not difficult when it comes to exporting and reimporting for repair. Just make sure you register that it is being exported for repair. </p>