The Winder II and it's function

shotz

<p>I just got myself a nice RZ Pro II on eBay with a 120 back. I got a Winder II from a different seller. I am trying to use my old RB lenses. The winder Does not wind after an exposure. Is that because I have something set wrong? Because it is not working properly or because it is an older lens I am using?<br>

Does the RZ Winder II need a signal from the lens (electronic, newer lenses) that tells it the shutter is closed and you can advance now?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I just got a RZ Pro II with AE Pro II finder and Pro II 120 back also on ebay---great deal! I downloaded the manual for the body and it doesn't address using the RB lenses vs the winder---but I imagine that you're right in that it needs the electonic signal from the lens to work. When you put the camera in RBL mode, it turns off the electronics--thus making it mechanical like the RB. I too am shooting with RB lenses for now (90mm and my FAVORITE--180mm).</p>

<p>This is why I got rid of the RB lenses that came with the RZ Pro II I bought. Using an RB lens pretty much cripples all the functionality you bought the ProII for. You also have to constantly remember...ok with this lens I have to do things this way and with this lens I have to things that way. Life is so much better when all your gear works together.</p>