The SHADE really does work.

Pico, I installed a shade awhile ago, but removed it because in low light situations, in which I frequently work, the overall light advantage of the VF is reduced noticeably.

Alan, If we remove the 'spin' from your comments it may read more reasonably. eg. the 'expensive' upgrade V's 'a few bucks' saved does not exactly add up to the same 'tilt' on the one subject. The cost is expensive if you do it, or a big saving if you don't.

I suggest that in both instances, Leica may have been attempting to sincerely achieve a 'best and economic' outcome for the customer. In the former, it did not work, hence the latter attempt. Is this not what many businesses do to tread the fine line of economics V's performance?

Cheers,

JA

>sincerely achieve a 'best and economic' outcome for the customer.

Yeah, taking out two small parts worth less than $10 total, without any correpsonding price drop or sufficient testing of the cheapened finder, sure is a hallmark of sincerity.

John, maybe I'm a little dense but what I stated is based on things I've read from Leica enthusiasts and service people, i.e. Leica has made cost cutting decisions like this and removal of the eccentric vertical rf adjustment screw which amounts to a few dollars but frustrates some of us users of the Wetzlar Ms who miss the benefits of these features. To Leica's defense, it's still the easiest current production RF cameras for users to make some critcal adjustments to rf alignment.

Fred, I suspect your remarks are more based on cynicysm than factual knowledge of the actual costing. Certainly $10 saved is reasonably 'in their pocket' rather than yours and mine. Tha's business. If I am wrong here, I apologize.

Alan, I concur with your last stement and I think you will find my original comment NOT in disagreement either.

Vic, The Steer is great, I agree. In fact I consider a Noctilux almost unuseable without one! I suspect the 75/1.4 would be the same. I bought one for my 90/2.0 but lost it before fitting it. :-(

Cheers,

JA

<i>>> The STEER also works. It's great on a 90mm AA. It also fits the Noctilux or the 75 Summilux, but I haven't had that pleasure. <<</i>

<br><br>

Any suggestion as what to use as a makeshift tab on a later generation 'cron 50? (the one with the hideous self-retracting hood)

<br><br>

FWIW, I'm a fan of the Konnerman "SLING".

>sincerely achieve a 'best and economic' outcome for the customer.

>Certainly $10 saved is reasonably 'in their pocket' rather than yours and mine.

So Leica is their own customer, huh? Oddly enough, I don't recall them paying me for my M6TTL that badly needed the SHADE.