I dont know much about it, or classic cameras at all. I am very exited to use

it! But I am unsure of where, or what kind of film to get. I read on one of

the forums that it uses 600 Pack film, but I know that the film that happened

to be in the camera is of a rectangular format. I have 600 pack film...I

think..., but it is the typical square format Polaroid film. Can someone help

me out with this one?

Thanks Alot,

-Rob

There are two very different products with similar names... there is Type 600 film, which is used only in 600 cameras and is square, it also does not peel apart and these days there is only one version of it available.

And there is 600 SERIES film... meaning all the names of the films start with 600, they are also sometimes called 660 films, although not all of them are numbers in the 660s. The proper name for them is Peel-Apart Pack-Films. Numbers include 690, 669, 672... you can get color as well as B&W in a variety of speeds up to ISO 3000! You can order them directly from Polaroid.com or from B&H. Fuji also makes a small assortment of films that will work with these cameras. This is a great format, with some great films available and some great alternative processes such as Emulsion Lifting and Dye Transfers.

Johns disclaimer that the film is expensive is a bit of a rub... buying medium format film and getting it processed and printed these days usually costs about the same as a pack of Polaroid film and cuts out the middle-man at the lab. The Fuji films are also a little cheaper than the ones made by Polaroid itself. Also considering that the 250 is a much much better camera than any of the 600 cameras or even a Holga with a Polaroid back, this is a great way to get into the Polaroid world. The 250 is basically one of the best Pack-Film cameras that Polaroid ever made, so since you've got it, its well worth trying out!

You can do some searches online to find the appropriate batteries... I cannot remember which one you need, but it used to be you could order them from Polaroid directly. Check out this page for a few details:

http://polaroids.theskeltons.org/features.htm#battery

Yes, the 250 is a great camera! (I have a very similar 360)

For b&w, Polaroid pack film is about what 35mm costs per print. I love shooting 667... well, more just for fun, but it is very fun! People really respond to the magic of Polaroid prints, especially b&w.

Have fun!

Theres basically only 5 types of Polaroid film available out there now. These types all come in a fixed size, which is used in specific cameras except Peel-Apart Sheet-Film which comes in various sizes.

600 Integral Pack-Film... (the square stuff, does not peel apart, comes only in color and one speed)

SX-70 Blend Film... (same thing as the 600 film but at a slower speed for SX-70 cameras)

1200 or Spectra or Image Pack-Film... (smaller, not quite square stuff)

Peel-Apart Pack-Film (rectangular, about 3x4 inches, the stuff you need)

Peel-Apart Sheet-Film (comes in various size for large format cameras)

Prices vary from store to store, brand to brand, and specific film type to film type. Like I said, check Polaroid.com and B&H online and compare prices, B&H has much better prices. Its all between $12-$8 for 10 exposures.