converter rings and using my Nikon 52mm screw in hood. But perhaps

this hood will be too large/wide to be effective? I suspect that

these adapters are rather intended to use 52mm filters -not hoods- on

your TLR. Has anyone tried this please?

BTW, I have a pristine metal no-brand bayI hood with leather case to

give away for free (shipping cost USD12.00), as well as an original

Rollei bayIII (collapsible rubber) hood for sale (USD45.00 +

shipping)!

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but I use a Bay I to 49mm stepping ring on my Yashicamat and Microcord and I put a "standard" 49mm screw lens hood on that. The hood is effective, I think. There is no vignetting but you can see the top of the hood in the finder. The same would probably apply in the Bay II situation.

My memory is short (maybe shot)but please remind me what model Rollei was the Bay II used on? I have a Rollei E3.5 Planar with its dedicated Rollei square lens hood and had a Rollei D2.8 Xenotar with same. I forget was the latter a Bay III? If so what was a Bay II used on? While I'm at it, what did the grey Baby (127) Rollei use? Was it also bayonet?

Thanks for the replies, guys. To Lester : my camera is a 1962-ish 3.5F with f3.5 Planar lens. I think the same camera with a f2.8 lens takes the bayIII. To Kai : in case go for the step-up adapter option, do you know if a 49mm screw-in hood will do (vignetting?) or should I go for a 52mm hood (not too wide to be effective?).

Lester,

<p>

All 2.8 models with a Xenotar or Planar lens should have a BAY III, all 3.5 models with Xenotars and Planars BAY II. The Tessar or Xenar-lensed Rolleiflexes have all Bay I except for the 2.8A and the early ones. If I saw it correct, the Baby Rollei also uses the Bay I, but special lens hoods.

<p>

There is currently a Baj II hood on german eBay under article number 7511817953, still no bids with 2 days left. Since it is from a dealer maybe they accept credit cards - and for EUR 20 plus shipping you will have quite a chance to get it.

I use my Bay III Rollei with a 52mm ring which ties me into my Nikon 35mm filters and hoods. I find that the 50/1.4 hood works fine, though a square Rollei hood would be nice. (won one on ebay, then the seller vanished, my one and only bad experience, though I think she became seriously ill and/or died)

Thanks Kai, I made a bid on that BayII hood on the German *bay and keep my fingers crossed... If I am outbid by someone richer I will finally go with a bay/52mm step ring and a regular 52mm screw-in hood, as I expect 49mm to be too small for a BayII lens? OTOH, I am very happy to have won a B&W 30mm push-on hood for my Isolette III. It costed only EUR4.00 !! I also bought a EUR2.00 Agfa 30mm push on yellow filter with case from the same German *bay seller. Sometimes I AM lucky - most of the time not though, heheh.

Benny, I won bid on a Rollei Bay III. When I received it, it would NOT fit my 2.8F.Too small! The seller screwed me and did not reply to my complaints to him.I still have the hood. How can I tell if it's the one YOU need? Email me.(flhted@aol.com)