ulrichberger

Nicely composed Ulrich. Brings to mind musique concrète, recorded sounds as raw material. When I was making videos I was in a program where i met another student of video who was collecting street sounds with a high end Nagra tape recorder while shooting video in parallel. He would then go into the studio and edit together the video and sound to create a wonderful composition of visual & audio. musical sometimes reminiscent of John Cage.

I also thought of Bruguière's photographs of paper cutouts lush with light and shadow play that he would write a score for dictating how these cutouts should be moved as they were projected/filmed... Light Rhythms. Those images were also hauntingly beautiful as still images.

• Like 1

n e y e

Staying with the musical rhythms mindset that your photo evokes for me... here is one I did around the time I was fascinated by Bruguière's light rythms.

I was listening to some jazz and attempting to express the spirit of the music.

Its titled jazz but under my breath i call it refrigerator shelf rack

996998461_jazzcopy.jpg.dda64b45656955a8122c527c81b2fe1b.jpg

• Like 5

n e y e

Nicely composed Ulrich. Brings to mind musique concrète, recorded sounds as raw material. When I was making videos I was in a program where i met another student of video who was collecting street sounds with a high end Nagra tape recorder while shooting video in parallel. He would then go into the studio and edit together the video and sound to create a wonderful composition of visual & audio. musical sometimes reminiscent of John Cage.

I also thought of Bruguière's photographs of paper cutouts lush with light and shadow play that he would write a score for dictating how these cutouts should be moved as they were projected/filmed... Light Rhythms. Those images were also hauntingly beautiful as still images.

Thank you for bringing Francis Bruguière to my attention. Wow, what a life. Survived the San Francisco earthquake and documented it. Studied with Alfred Stieglitz and especially the experimental works.

I watched "Light Rythms." Great. Alright, the work is not catchy, but the images and music are light years more modern than most of what is shown today.

All the best, Uli