The new Elinchrom 200 FXRi and 400 FXRi

vineetmodi

<p>Hi guys,<br>

I went to a Photo Studio today to check out some lights for a studio set-up and the dealer showed me two new Elinchrom lights which I had heard about seen before this - 200 FX Ri and 400 FX Ri. He said that the earlier models are discontinued and these are the latest elinchrom units with an in-built trigger and a cooling fan. It basically looks like the previous D-Lite version, but just a bit more sturdy in my opinion. I will have to buy an additional Elinchrom trigger unit to fire it (only the transmitter).<br>

I have been trying to find some info on the unit all over the internet today but got absolutely no info whatsoever. Neither are the units listed on the Elinchrom's website. Maybe they are hiding the fact from the consumers and waiting for the earlier BX models to finish, which might be lying as stocks with the dealers? I don't know! But has anyone heard of and/or tried these units yet? Considering that all Elinchrom units are made in India before being exported to Switzerland, I am getting them pretty cheap here as a package which includes the Softbox/umbrella with the light stands, but I am still unsure about its performance and whether the wireless system is reliable enough for important shooting days. <br>

I would also like some thoughts on whether I should go for the 200 or the 400 FXRi, considering that I am looking at 3 light setup for a mini indoor studio mainly for portraiture work. <br>

Thanks and Cheers!</p>