The "Mars Flyer"

What an incredible achievement , well done NASA.

Cannot wait to see the Photo's.

For information on the Ingenuity Mars Helicopter see, Mars Helicopter

There have been a few preliminary photos taken by the Ingenuity helicopter while on shakedown Martian flights published by NASA at,

Images | Multimedia Section – NASA’s Mars Exploration Program

My town banned Segue scooters before they even reached the public. I suspect the Mars Copter is on their short list.

This brings to mind visions of astronauts riding Segways on Mars. Segways would be a lot lighter and more compact than the Apollo astronauts' moon buggy, although rough terrain and balancing while wearing a space suit might be problems.

The Segway has disappeared. Hadn't noticed but good riddance.

Segway to End Production of Its Original Personal Transporter

including the text

In 2009, a British businessman, James W. Heselden, acquired Segway Inc. A year later, he died after he plunged from a cliff in West Yorkshire while touring his property on a Segway, the authorities said at the time. He was 62.

I like the marscopter myself. I think it's not just a trivial achievement given Mars conditions.

• Like 1

Segway to End Production of Its Original Personal Transporter

including the text

I like the marscopter myself. I think it's not just a trivial achievement given Mars conditions.

Rough ending for a company that had some stuff going on in its lifetime! I'm so excited about the Mars Copter. On one hand it seems similar to flying a drone- other than the average recreational drone pilot never gets too far away from his machine? I guess the military drone pilots are several thousand miles away for their flights- but MARS definitely takes it to whole other levels. Big WOW factor there, IMO, for sure.

There are a goodly number of images + videos up on that Mars copter/NASA page. But many of them seem pretty similar. Not to diminish them in any way, as looking at photos from Mars is fantastic under any and all circumstances.

Cheers.