The Male View 2 (sexy photo)

robert_byrd1

Robert-

Why did you accuse Leslie of being offended when she said nothing about being offended?

I happen to agree with her, and I am male of the somewhat straight variety...

I do not find this image sexy, the only sexy thing about it is that she is undressed!

What exactly are you saying here, that you can't find anything sexy about her except her ass?

Anno,

I didn't accuse Leslie of being offended. I just wanted to say that the pharase "sexy shot" shouldn't be taken literally--it is just a generic warning that the photograph shows a lot of skin or is otherwise something you might not want to bring up on your screen at work. I once posted a cheesecakey shot without a warning, and the forum modeator added "sexy shot" to the headline. I was following that lead, although--on further thought--it might be better to write something such as "swimsuit shot" or "transparent clothing." "Sexy shot" promises something that may not be there.

The seed of the original thread on the "male view" was a picture of a woman standing in front of a sports car. She was out of focus, but the car was in sharp focus. It was really funny (I know, you had to be there). This shot has the same idea--that a man might be so fascinated by the woman's ass for a moment that he wouldn't notice her face. That's why the face is out of focus--his focus is elsewhere. The point is blurred (no pun intended) in this shot because her facial expression is bizarre. If I did it over, I would ask her to give a friendly smile. I didn't even notice her facial expression when I was doing the shot (which proves the point, I suppose), but when I got the slide back, I could see that she had rolled her eyes up so far that she looked zombie-like. Most people can't even roll their eyes up so far. (BTW, being able to roll your eyes up this far is a sign of being hypnotizable!)

Armando, this was a Nikon F with an 85mm 1.4 AIS lens wide open. I stood near the model's head and aimed straight down, focusing on her butt. The depth of field was so shallow that throwing any part of her into focus threw almost everything else out of focus. I asked her to raise her head and look at the lens. It was a mischievous impulse--the next shot put her face into focus. The lighting from the model's left was from a large South window. From her right came tungsten light through a correcting filter. Her face was illuminated by reflectors.

Believe me, this model was so beautiful that it was difficult to make a frame of her that wasn't sexy. Apparently, however, I succeeded in doing so. :-(

Robert<div>005t6A-14281784.jpg.8df2a42449d351f3fd8d42a273429c01.jpg</div>