Hi all, long time reader at photo.net, and a first time poster. I'm having a terrible case of indecisiveness right now, and would like some experienced advice. Apologies to start yet another "help me compromise in medium format" thread, but I simply cannot make a decision. As background: I sold my 'blad (500 C/M) last year, and not a day goes by that I don't regret it. I have a full frame dSLR that I shoot for sports, but I miss the MF experience. Therefore I'd like to get a new MF camera, ideally before a long trip coming up in about 6 weeks. I've done as much research as I possibly can, read as many threads here as possible, looked at 1000s of photos, and still cannot make up my mind. Here's where I've evaluated my priorities to be: Availability of gear on used market (I'm not buying new) Portability and handhold-ability (if I didn't care about this, I'd be going large format) Wide angle Speed of glass Format (prefer square 6x6) Rangefinder before TLR before SLR (would prefer not to get an SLR in MF, but it's not the end of the world) Interchangeable lenses Digital back compatibility I've limited it to about 4 cameras (I think), each with their own positives and negatives: 1. Mamiya 6 - This seems to be a great rangefinder, great optics, small, square 6x6 format, light, built in meter, wonderful to use (or so I've heard). The two biggest negatives to this system are its relatively slow optics (f/3.5 at standard, f/4 at wide), and it's lack of an ultra-wide angle lens. This was my first choice until I started thinking about how I use my SLR... for street shooting (which is why I want the MF) my wide angle lens is on it 80% of the time, and my fast 50 is on it the other 20%. So this system doesn't really accomplish either of those needs well. 2. Hasselblad 903 SWC/M. Perfect glass, great size, square. Can take a digital back should I ever go that route. Great wide angle lens - 38mm Biogon, renowned for its sharpness... Only issue? It's extremely slow - f/4.5. 3. Mamiya 645. Can get a digital back fairly cheaply. Still in production so repair parts are widely available. Lots of lenses. A *fantastic* standard lens at f/1.9 that puts out amazing images. This is a complete camera system, with lots of lenses available including soft-focus, macro, and a few wide angles in varying speeds (45mm f/2.8 ain't too bad at all). The gear on the used market is relatively cheap (approaching 35mm SLR used market prices). Biggest downside? It's not square, it's 6x4.5. I love the square composition. It's much more natural to me. It's one of the reasons I loved my 500 C/M. 4. Rolleiflex 2.8 - Small, light, some have a built in meter (although I've been advised to get the ones sans meter and just use an external meter). No interchangeable lenses, but that's okay, as I'm used to primes on the SLR. *Nice* glass. Square format. I've just never used a TLR before. ;-) I'm totally at a loss here. Money is somewhat of a concern (I'm not buying new, for example) but I'm fully aware of the money-pit that MF is having had a 'blad before. Strangely enough, my better half suggested I actually pick up two cameras - the 645 with the 80/1.9 for available light, and the swc/m for the wide-angle. That's not the most portable solution in the world, but it's very nice of her to give me permission to do that. ;-) Am I missing something obvious? Any suggestions from the old pros, specifically you guys out there shooting MF handheld in available light situations?