the great british image comment (not critique)thread

Discussion in 'Test Posting' started by Norman, Sep 16, 2017.

1. blah, blah, blah

yay, i have icons.
  2. if, gentle reader, u happen to be passing could u please leave a comment as i am monitoring email responses
  3. my daughter could have done better.
  4. it was your daughter, u bluddy idiot
  5. tap, tap, tap
  6. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

Talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity. Listening is the second !
    Norman likes this.
  7. The advantage of having a dog is that one no longer can be accused of talking to oneself. The dog, however, thinks I'm crazy.
    Norman likes this.
  8. William Michael

William Michael Moderator Staff Member

9. Tony, I agree. :)

Your response has come through the system. No sign of Leslie's and William's so far.
  10. I often get a second notification only if someone responds after I post another response.
    And if I don't click on the first notification to open it, the notification keeps track of the number of new responses...sometimes...
  11. William Michael

The email notifications that I receive when I subscribe to a thread's notifications at PN, come with the following descriptor in the header of that email, (my bold and underlined now for emphasis):

"Please do not reply to this email. You must visit Photography Forums to reply.
    This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread [TITLE OF THE THREAD] at Photography Forums with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.
    If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails."

From the text I quoted above, the functionality is that none were, nor will be, triggered to Norman from posts #8 and #9.

Obviously Norman would (should) be aware of posts # 8 and #9 when he opened up the thread again to read post #7 (and to make post #10).

Did you mean to write "often"?

I think that you should only get an additional notification, if someone responds "after I post another response".

BUT - If you "often only get" ... then in the cases when you DO NOT get a new email alert, it's possible that you might have been logged in to PN and also at the thread, when the new post was made - that's an educated guess only.

Please see next post...

12. William Michael

You may find that is a functionality which is NOT triggered if you are logged in to PN (not necessarily logged in at that particular thread) at a time the additional response(s) is/are posted to the thread, to which you have subscribed.

Then again, this may be a functionality which has undergone changes due to, or not due to, other works on the system.

I am not sure; I too notice the additional email alerts, 'sometimes', but I have not bothered interrogating that particular functionality.

13. Mazal Tov on the icons.

I talk to myself also but find I don't use my hands as much when I'm alone!
  14. yay, a resounding success, thanks to everyone . all emails gleefully received. now for stage 2 of my grand plan