The Evolution Teaser is ...well Evolving

jason_hall5

If you look back at the Canon evolution teaser, they are showing a little more of the camera. No were near enough

to tell us a darn thing and don't bother to try and pull up the levels either. They blocked out any thing to show model,

verticle grip, and even the lens name. This most likely means new glass, which has been expected anyway. Enjoy!

http://www.canon.com/moon/en/index.html

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should give credit to "Luben Solev" at DPreview for the image above.

My real point to this thread is to point out that Canon must be useing this as a count down. Some think at the next full moon....but who the heck really knows. Also want to point out that I am not trying to push along rumors, this, as you can see, is right from canon themselves.

Jason

Yes, clever indeed. I want to point that is has a command dial, The "EOS" tag is located much like the 1D series cameras are, and to me it looks like the edge of the verticle grip in the lower left.

So you decide what all that means....I have my ideas but don't want to look like I am a roumor weed.

Jason

>>>"It would be interesting if they somehow managed to reveal it by coming up with something that would increase the levels by like 0.1% every 15 minutes or something"<<<<

Someone on the DPreview forum who, either knows Flash codeing rather well or is just a jerk, says that there is code that changes the amount viewable by persons location and time. Can Flash even do that? I am not buying it just yet, but I do know that how much you can see depends on the brightness of the lights in the room you are viewing your LCD monitor. I was looking at the site when the lights in my office went out due to some construction in our branch. At that point I could clearly see the "Canon" label and almost see the "EOS". I could even see the big blocked out area to hide the fact if the camera has verticle grip or not.

Jason

Yes you can do that in Flash to some extent... either by loading a new image at a given time interval (requires a lot of images, but a better way of doing it.

Or, just by changing the opacity of the current image... but I think it's the former. In fact, it would take all of maybe 20 minutes of coding if you understand actionscript. Very easy.

The location thing is easy as well, if you understand php.

Cool, Thanks for that. I have Flash Basic 8, but have never learned to use it. What a shame.

Anyway, "Raydee" pulled out the original JPEG from the flash file and it shows that the body does not have a verticle grip. I sort of wish it did (I know many do not for weight reasons) but it probably good that it doesn't for cost reasons. I hope the current 5D grip will work.

Anyhow, here is the image Raydee pulled out.

you guys must not know much about how to blow up a photograph and get detail. detectives on TV can take a picture of a car mirror 50 feet away and use some secret program to be able to read a page from a book in the reflection of the mirror...even if the book is a half mile away! get that program and all will be revealed....