The Enlarging Lens

Another nice post, Marc, thanks! The Keppler column on through-the-lens metering versus mirror lenses is interesting; I have used a 500/8 mirror with my Pentaxes but never found this effect.

Nice to see a brief review of the Minolta Himatic-7 and 9. Nikon could already afford large ads of the FT, and even of used Fs....

If you have a small metal lathe, you can adapt almost anything to anything else. I like one of the early (small style) Schneider short focal length enlarging lenses reverse mounted on a bellows. I doubt a commercial adapter has ever been made to do that!

I know there was a Computar enlarging lens that Ctein thought was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Never stumbled across one to try.

My first true macro range shots (in my college days) were when I taped an Omega 75mm f3.5 enlarging lens to a telescope adapter that via T-ring was mounted on my Minolta SRT 201. Got a nice macro shot of a bumblebee on a flower as I recall. Focus achieved by moving in until image was sharp.