<p>I use Picasa Webalbums to share photos from trips if they are more extensive than may be attached to an eMail. Fortunately, Google states, "If you have photos or videos in a Picasa Web Album today, the easiest way to still access, modify and share most of that content is to log in to <a href="http://photos.google.com/">Google Photos</a>, and all your photos and videos will already be there." I hope so. http://googlephotos.blogspot.com/?hl=en_US </p>

<p>Any suggestions for a good replacement for Picasaweb? Especially an alternative that allows the photographers to set things up the way they want and easily upload and manage albums/images, but makes it easy for casual, non-photographers (...think family members, not customers) to browse a fairly large (a few hundred albums, 30-50 pix per album) historic collection.</p>

<p>Picasaweb had a nice little ecosystem going with Picasa plus all the different apps available for phones that allow one to download and cache (on your phone or iPad) Picasaweb albums that one might want to show around, especially when one doesn't have a broadband connection.</p>

<p>In addition, as you probably know from all the unanswered complaints about Google Photos (especially, if you are reading this thread, LOL), Google Photos is missing some important functionality that Picasaweb had. </p>

<p>One example of this is changing the sort order of albums (aka, "collections"). Not everyone wants one specific algorithm to determine the album sort order. In the past, one could work around this by renaming / dating albums in Picasaweb and the changes would be reflected in Google Photos, but when Picasaweb is gone, we won't even have this work-around. There are many other examples of missing functionality.</p>

<p>It looks like another "least common denominator" business decision by Google.</p>

<p>TIA for any comments,</p>

<p>Tom M</p>

<p>It will be missed for sure. My dad still can't grasp the concept of tabs in Chrome or Firefox or how to upload to youtube. But I put him on Picasa in 2005 and was simple for him to use and alter his pictures from the point and shoot. I'm not sure what to suggest to him now. </p>