The Chad Photojournalist vs The Virgin Photographer

Photojournalists I've met carry a rather large, floppy shoulder bag, two bodies and 3-4 lenses. The bodies are usually the flagship Canon or Nikon, but not necessarily the latest and greatest. The pay isn't all that great, but the pay stops if you don't produce the results.

Being a recently retired photojournalist with 40 years in the business, I think the cartoon is pretty funny. Ed--as for the big floppy bags, most photojournalists who are still working in the US don't use bags much anymore but have switched to belts or vests. Too many shoulder problems! But you're right about the Canon or Nikon, although some are now transitioning to mirrorless to save on weight.

Pretty funny. I used to be in that business myself and the money generally sucked. Nonetheless it was a lot of fun. My standard bag remains a backpack bag with two bodies and three lenses, a flash and a pocket full of little things. It works for anything from a wedding to a football game with only some small things changed out.

Rick H.

I don't understand the "Chad" reference either.

From Wikipedia:

“Chad is a generally derogatory slang term referring to a young urban white man, typically single, heterosexual and in his 20s or 30s.”

It’s part of the “cleverness” of the cartoon which Norman is lucky he can’t read as it will save him time he could never gain back.

[i’m thinking the gay counterpart to Chad must be Mary!] :eek:

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

"Look it up in an "urban dictionary".

In order to look it up in an urban dictionary I would have to first know that it is urban slang. I did look it up on Google and got nothing that would seem to apply to the context of the post. But I did learn that there are a lot of photographers with the name Chad.

James G. Dainis