The Anonymous

ken_thalheimer

Just this morning (8AM EDT) while viewing the critique forum I

notice almost all shots have been given 1 and 2 anonymously. They

certainly didn't deserve it. No, I'm not whining. None of the shots

were mine. But this has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Bots? Possibly. I think it another instance where this rating system

on PN just does not work

Brian, I have a cup of coffee and write you. Seriously, while this is obviously a crank rater and PN does a good job of getting rid of them, does the anonymous really work? I read your strong points a couple days ago, but the fact that it seems so many have written about this in the past, does it really work? Just asking. Oh, and good morning!

Good morning, Ken. If the aim is to eliminate complaints, then no it doesn't work at all. However, I've resigned myself to this being a "non-goal". I'm not sure any system can achieve that goal where the basic premise is that proud people upload their personal work for rating by anyone sober and functional enough to click a mouse in a web browser.

By the way, as you might know, low ratings from people who handed out proportionately too many of them get deleted automatically at about 3 in the afternoon, including Saturdays.

"Proud people upload their personal work for rating by anyone sober and functional enough to click a mouse."

That is, I must admit, a very valid statement. Images can run the gamut from bad to outstanding and everything in between. It just eems too easy to unfairly click when one knows they won't be found out. I admire your tenacity, even on Saturdays