Thanksgiving in Nature

Discussion in 'Nature' started by sallymack, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anybody besides me up for posting Thanksgiving in Nature photos? Please follow the Monday in Nature guidelines: minimal (if any) hand-of-man elements and one image per person. See Shun's Monday in Nature guidelines at the top of the "Nature" forum for more info.

I bet I'm not the only person getting out in nature today although I didn't see anybody else out at the wetlands, enjoying bird tracks in the mud at low tide. --Sally

PN-6936.jpg

2. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Moderator

Thanksgiving in nature? How can I resist? :)
    I captured this image around Thanksgiving last year.

turkey.jpg

andy_szeto and sallymack like this.
  3. Thanks for joining the party, Shun.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2017
  4. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Moderator

Last year, I captured a bunch of similar images of a flock of turkeys. I posted one on some forum, with the title "Glad I am Alive" or something like that.

For those who are not familiar with American tradition, we usually have turkey for dinner on Thanksgiving day.

sallymack likes this.
  5. We need another dish! How about some Hypholoma sublateritium? These were squeezing their way out of this old rotted log. Look close and you can see many more teeny tiny mushrooms starting to grow. A perfect addition to the holiday meal.
    Nature Thanksgiving1.JPG

andy_szeto, gordonjb and sallymack like this.
  6. A flock of turkeys landed on the roof of the building next door last week. Too much "hand of man" for the Nature forum but I just posted a photo of a displaying tom on the latest Nikon Wednesday forum.

Glad you could make it to the party, Laura, Bill!

7. _WW46243-Edit-copy.jpg 'The Dive" Northern Harrier from Cades Cove, TN, this afternoon

sallymack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.