tetenal colortec kit

<p> I purchased tetenal colortec c-41 chems. I did not realize until later that this kit is mean to be used with a rotary processor. I do not have a rotary processor and have no intention of getting one. So, how do I adjust the times and agitation method for developing color film by hand in an ordinary small tank using this kit? Or, should I toss it (safely of course) and use the Unicolor powder kit (which I also have and have used in the past) meant for small tank development?</p>

<p>I recall there is (or maybe was) lots of good info on this on YouTube.</p>

<p>When the Colortec 41 and E6 kits first became available in Australia I did not have a rotary processor at the time and I used both kits with Nikkor tanks and a rough homemade heating system based on an aquarium heater, a Kodak thermometer and a deep dish tray. It worked well, sort of. Had some color shifts, the negs were mostly OK but I wasn't happy with the slides and filed away and forgot most of them for a decade or longer, until I bought a Plustek scanner and wow! with scanning and post processing, I am now reliving all the beaut shots I made and home processed in my pre Jobo era. </p>

<p>With hindsight from all this past experience (and many past failures), I would now process only C41 but not E6 with Colortecs andmy Nikkors as the C41 process seems to me to be more forgiving of small errors. this said, I bought a Jobo processor about 10 years ago and have never looked back. It's the way to go to home process any film, also paper when uniform results are wanted. </p>

<p>An important point to remember is to keep your wash water at the same temperature as the chemicals. Also be sure to wash well. I use Kodak indicator stop bath after development and then follow up with a water rinse. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>The Tetenal kit is maent to be used in ANY type of processor. I use it in paterson hand tanks, just follow the times/instructions exactly and you will get perfect results. I have done ober 200 E-6 rolls this way, with great results. Would not go back to the Kodak kit, even if it were still made. Check You tube as suggested for video tutorials.</p>