Tessina prices anyone?

<p>Hi!<br>

I recently inherited 4 (four) Tessinas from a deceased unkle (Military Intelligence retired). One of them is a 35 automatic, the rest are plain 35s. They all seem OK cosmetically (no dents or scratches), all dials seem to work OK. However, I have no intention of keeping them and I cannot test their functional status. I was planning to sell them but I am quite puzzled by the price range on eBay. Collectiblend.com quotes really high prices, and I would like to know where the truth lies, or what would be a reasonable asking price for the lot of them. (probably "as is" I guess).Thanks!</p>

<p>The problem with the Tessina is the film cassette.<br>

Although it uses standard 35mm film, the cassette is unique to this camera, and hard to find.</p>

<p>A reasonable price for one in good condition would be $300-$400 IMO.</p>

<p>You'll find folks paying ridiculous prices for anything unusual, gambling that they can make money on the deal.</p>

<p>- Leigh</p>

• 7 months later...

<p>I paid $2000 for a newly built silent motor gold 35L. Most 'silver' models sell for around $400 even in the shops - I got one from B&H. eBay auction varies to model, color and accessories.<br>

<br />See<br>

http://www.submin.com/35mm/collection/tessina/index.htm<br>

under each camera model/variation for an idea of past auction prices.</p>