Tessar 3.5 grey - anyone need one?

Discussion in 'Medium Format' started by geoffrey goldberg, Aug 16, 2010.

1. I was recently in Torino, Italy, and a camera dealer had an immaculate 3.5 Tessar - I think the serial number was about 1.6 mil. It was a rare grey model, he suggested it was a police camera, had a slightly revised shutter button, removable WLF, and was v.v. clean. He wanted 600 Euros for it - a pretty nice price. Came with a good case too.
    If anyone is interested, let me know. I'll dig up (I hope) his card. Sorry no photos.
    Geoff

2. Very curious. From the lens and serial number this would be a Rolleiflex Automat K4B from about 1955 but they didn't have removable WLF's that early and they didn't come in grey.
    It seems more likely to be a T model Rolleiflex because they came in grey, some had the removable WLF, and had a shutter release that stuck out to the side at an angle.
    The serial number would start with a "T", however, and the next digit would be a 2.
    If this is the case, 600 euros is much too high a price. These were Rollei's mid-level cameras, between the low-end Rolleicord and the high-end E's and F's.

3. Grey says "Rolleiflex Baby" to me.

4. Updated info - the serial number was a 21---, it was a Rollei Tessar T, f 3.5 Zeiss, with coupled meter. And the meter worked. Had the white shade to "close off" the meter, all in fine shape. Not a baby.... at least that I could see. Dated to 1958 by serial number.