Ten Pictures

cd thacker

Thanks, Eric. I wasn't actually thinking of it as a competition. But if you insist . . . . You really like them, huh?<p>

Ilkka, I like many of your pictures quite a bit. If you want, why don't you post a link to them in the Leica forum? Maybe you'll get more feedback. They don't have to have been shot with a Leica.

Thanks, guys. First, to answer your question, Eric, no, you don't need to be a subscriber. You just need to be signed in. Once you are, click on the "my workspace" link, thin click the "manage your portfolio" link. Once there, you will find the "create a presentation" link. Click it, and you will find yourself able to make a presentation. (The photos first have to be uploaded to the site. Your presntation is made of images you select from any of various folders you have previously created and uploaded to.)<p>

I'm glad you guys like my work and speak so highly of my presentation. And mentioning it in the same breath as Magnum, in particular, and LIFE, is certainly high praise - gives me a great deal to live up to.<p>

I deleted my presentation yesterday. You can learn a lot here about photography, especially its technical aspects. But in the end what is required for it, in my view, is strong personal vision, developed out of passion and practice, in concert with some feedback from discerning, thoughtful viewers whom you interact with one-on-one, who take the time to look, whom you have reason to respect, and whose ideas you know something of and trust. <p>

Which is not to say that I minded at all being compared to Magnum and LIFE (you must be discerning indeed! ;o), but, still, I think one is better served to keep the circle of advisors small and select. When you're ready to put the work in public, put up your own website, make a book, or have a gallery show. But that's just me.