Technical details

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by leonard-just-leonard, Mar 26, 2016.

1. I used to be able to see technical details on unaltered photos I would post to this site. As of a couple days ago I notice that field is not appearing. What is the story here? example of what I used to see in the Details tab right after the Custom Fields. Was this feature removed? Has anyone else noticed this?
    Technical Details​
    Exposure Date: 2014:08:09 07:15:21;
    ImageDescription: ;
    Make: NIKON;
    Model: COOLPIX P600;
    Exposure Time: 1/2500.0 seconds s;
    FNumber: f/8.0;
    ISOSpeedRatings: ISO 800;
    ExposureProgram: Other;
    ExposureBiasValue: +429496728 5/6
    MeteringMode: Other;
    Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode;
    FocalLength: 143.3 mm mm;
    FocalLengthIn35mmFilm: 800 mm;
    Software: Adobe Photoshop 7.0;

2. Works fine for me. I just uploaded an image and the Technical Details page was fine. Are your certain that the images you are uploading contain EXIF information? Have you looked at them with an EXIF viewer or editing software that shows the EXIF info?
    I did notice that the EXIF data seems to have been stripped out of the displayed images - ut if was recorded in the Technical Details before being stripped out when photo.net downsized the full image
    Update - All is well if you use the bulk uploader - however the singe file uploader does appear to ignore EXIF data. I don't know if it's always been this way or not. Both seen to strip the EXIF data form the uploaded image, even if the image uploaded doesn't have to be downsized.
    So the "solution" is to always use the bulk uploader if you want EXIF data to be decorded

3. Update #2 - I contacted Jin and he took a look at the single file uploader. It should now be working and your Technical Data should be visible no matter which uploader you use.

4. Thanks Bob, its working now
    http://www.photo.net/photo/18207674
    FYI in all my 10 years here, I have only used the single file uploader not the Bulk Uploader and the EXIF upload has always worked.

5. I guess it developed a fault, or some change to the system (libraries?) caused a problem with reading the EXIF data. Luckily Jin is a wizard with these things and spotted the problem. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!