Tattoo

Ian Copland

if the <i>something </i> was performed by the military was it really entertainment ?.

For over 40 years, there was a major annual military tattoo in Québec city, Canada. The last event, in 2013, featured military bands from around rhe world; more than 700 musician participated at the final concert. A few years earlier, when Québec city marked its 400th anniversary, over 1,200 military musicians from 25 countries were present at the tattoo.

The word "tattoo" in this contexte comes from then Dutch word "tap-toe", refers to the former practice of putting out fires and lights at the end of the day, when officers went around ordering soldiers to come out of the inns and return to their barracks.

And YES a tattoo, with its marching bands playing popular, classical and military music is very entertaining.

Hello Norman. I fully understand. I thought I was commenting on the thread. No criticism intended. I would love to have discussions around the focus of this forum - street and documentary. I would appreciate any comments on the images I post. Would love to hear people's thoughts on the differences/similarities between street and documentary photography.

Morning Ian, no criticism taken. Sorry if I was a bit abrupt. I will try and comment more often on the photos I like.

For example, in this thread I really love Luis' photo. I love the crop and tiny window (spatial and temporal) on the lives of those two people (who could be the local chief of police and his good lady) but most of all, I find it very erotic and would love to trace my tongue all over her tattoos. Every single one of them.

(goes as red as a beetroot)