Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 Di II Opinions

ed_v.

Hi All,

Since selling my Tokina 12-24 to help fund a 70-200 f/2.8 purchase I've been missing the ultra wide perspective on

my 40D. I set out to try various brands out at a local shop, but the only lens they stocked within my budget (<$500)

was the subject Tamron. I had read up on the Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 and was hoping to try one out firsthand since it's

in the same price range, but they were out. Being an impulsive character I decided to purchase the Tamron since

the shop has a good return policy.

I've only taken a few handheld shots indoors to be sure it is functioning properly, but I have to say I'm pleasantly

surprised at the quality and was curious to see if anyone else had this lens and what their opinons were. I have 7

days (well, 6 now) to get a full cash refund if I'm dissatisfied, but I like what I see so far. I know this lens is relatively

new, but does anyone have any strong opinions one way or the other, or have any advice on what I should look for?

OK, 5 days left.

Am I the only Canon user that owns this lens right now? I'll try to take some photos outside today since the weather is good and post them for review. If I can get the garage cleaned out before the sun goes down...

<p>Ken Rokwell did a review of this lens and was not impressed. However he was comparing it to Canon 10-22 and Tokina 11-18 (and Nikon 12-24).</p>

<p>You can finde reviews of Sigma 10-20 on the web (by thom and elsewhere).</p>

<p>My take on any lens is that you should try it yourself. Since you have the lens already, are you happy with it? If you are, ignore what Ken or everyone else says and keep it (for all we know Ken may have received a bad copy).</p>

<p> </p>