taking photos while hooked up to computer

<p>No offense, but do you really want to be that dependent on instant feedback? I seldom even look at the LCD displays on the back of my cameras. I usually know if I got the shot.</p>

<p>Perhaps you have good reasons to look besides wanting to know if you got the shot. On the other hand, if you are carrying all that around with you, you are probably going to miss some other shots entirely.</p>

<p>When Phil Greenspun, the founder of Photo.net, did his <em>Travels with Samantha</em> (the name he gave his laptop), I think that he carried the laptop primarily for the storage--but perhaps it was also so that he could write his essays as he went, too. You might write him directly via e-mail. He has always been responsive to my inquiries. I am sure that he would have some opinions on this matter.</p>

<p>--Lannie</p>

<p>Shooting tendered to a Mac is great for product shots and some studio apps. I've done it many times with my old G4 tower and MacBook Pro. The images appear very fast. The man benefit is it allows a really precise check of focus and DOF. Pretty much useless for most shooting. I've used both EOS Utility (remote capture panel) and Aperture. Aperture is a much better app if you need to do it regularly. BE sure and use a powered hub and two moderate length cables. Really long cables tend to be flaky.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter