taking photos straight to computer.

zach_bolinger

you can download the nikon capture for thirty days for free and try it out. It's great. But the

nikon NEF plug in will overide the adobe photoshop RAW plug in, so you'll have to remove the

nikon one if you use CS2 (I use photoshop and adobe bridge as a better RAW processor than

Nikon's)

L

Bibble Pro allows you to operate tethered to a PC with a USB cable. I use a 5m cable in family portrait sessions so the parents can see the shots straight away. Bibble offer a fully functional trial (only Pro works tethered)

I put a small loop in the cable and secure it to the camera strap fixing with a piece of twisted wire to stop it falling out of the camera. I also use two USB cables connected together so if I did forget and pull too hard it would just comes apart in the middle. I'll get the WT-3 transmitter when it comes out in the UK.

Working tethered means the shots are stored direct to the PC hard drive, not the CF card in the camera.

Phase One's Capture One Pro software allows this but it is much more expensive.

You could also try out Nikon's Capture NX and Camera Control software with their free 30 day trial.

I store my photos in iphoto which your mac should automatically do when you plug you

camera or card reader in. I would suggest the card reader. As for any editing I drag a copy to

my desktop then open it in photoshop & save it as a tiff. iphoto will store your nef & tiff files,

its not very good for editing but it does organize them nicely.