T90 top plate removal procedure?

astral

<p>I have the service manual for the T90, but am missing the description of how to remove the top plate/cover, (there are only 2 visible screws ...) Does anyone know how to remove it please?</p>

<p>Also, I'm dismantling/recycling a T90; if anyone needs any (easy to get to) parts please let me know asap, and I'll see if they can be separated.<br /> Thanks.</p>

<p>Thanks - with the front off I can only see the 2 screws that obviously hold the top cover. I'm heading for the strap right hand strap lug and control panel. The manual suggests that the removal procedure is largely the same for all T models, but unhelpfully omits any details!</p>

<p>Good luck Alan. I had my T90 a couple of steps beyond the top plate removal, and wisely put it back together after seeing all the junk in there. Physically beat the nikon out of it on a pillow and it still works about 4 years later. Tom</p>

<p>Thanks folks. Just for info, I picked up a nice working T90 for £10, but the RHS strap lug is broken. A friendly repairer has given me a damaged (by working) one to cannibalise, and loaned me a manual, so I'm having a peek inside to see "what's what". I'll replace the strap lug, and maybe the LCD and minor parts like focussing screen, but that's about all ... it's all very 'modern' inside compared to a Spotmatic!</p>

<p>Some like the modern camera interiors more that the old, some don't.<br>

For repair I like the older mechanic cameras more - those I could understand. For creation of gadgets (bellows etc) I am happy with the Canon EF bajonett and electronic cummunications.<br /> <br /> £10 for a working T90 sounds good!</p>

<p>Alan, you have more cajones than I do. Many/most cameras I wouldn't think twice about dismantling to effect some repair, not that I necessarily know what I'm doing, but the T90 is too precious to me. It'd be like trying to operate on my own cat.</p>