T90 Remote Switch

john_wire

My recently purchased T90 doesn't respond when the remote switch is used. Is

this problem easily repaired?

That's the question, now for the other remarks. Winter is fast approaching and

the T70 has started "groaning" in the cold like last winter and, after becoming

accustomed to the auto stuff I purchased an old well used T90 to see if it could

withstand the cold so I could use it outside like the FTb's I have.

I cold soaked it in the freezer overnight and tried it out in the morning. First

shutter operation produced EEE. Did the battery check and dry fired a few more

and everything works OK and it is relatively quiet.

Wow, what a machine!! It has the PC connector modification and stops the film on

rewind with an inch or so of leader still outside the cassette. Viewfinder is

really bright and the exposure meter does everything I need. Hard to believe the

"Tank" can do 4.5 exposures/sec. Too bad Canon "Dead Ended" the FD system.

Regards.

I believe the T90 and T70 use the same remote switch. Try it on the T70; if it works, you've ruled out the remote switch as the problem.

If it still doesn't work on the T90, check to see if the contacts in the T90 are dirty, or if one of the pins is bent.

John

John, the remote switch works on my T70 and I cleaned the contacts on the T90. I was hoping for a clue on how to get inside the lower part of the camera in the grip area easily.

There is a material covering the grip which is close to the remote shutter connector. I'm wondering, is there an easy "way in" under that covering? Regards.

• 3 weeks later...
My T90 took a bit to get accustomed to. Terrific meteric system, which pays off with excellent pictures. Excellent lenses. AND its good looking. The film rewind speed is also impressive. This camera is designed to NOT waste a lot of time when shooting. Since I bought it off evilbay with a complete Canon lens set, my Nikon F2 has been put on the shelf.