T90 was playing up. Every 4th or 5th time i used it, it would 'skip' -

ie, ie would not register as having turned for one or two clicks, then

work as normal. it's the first time i've noticed this (i've only had

the camera a few months and not used it in such cold conditions

before), and when i got back home (where obviously it's warmer) i

couldn't replicate the problem. everything else seemed to be working

ok, but i haven't developed the film yet so i can't say if it affected

the actual settings of the camera (i was using it in Av mode,

switching apertures). has anyone else experienced this?

mark

I have had my T-90 since 1986 and have probably taken more than 15,000 photos with it. For the past 8 years the wheel has been skipping, and although it still drives me nuts, I now consider it normal. The metal contacts are either dirty or worn but it does not affect the pictures in any way so I don't worry about it.

As for the cold I have used mine in -17 degree C, so well below freezing at 0 degree C, and it was fine. Keep a spare set of warm batteries close to your body in a pocket and you're set to go. When you get home leave the equipment in the camera bag and let it arrive at room temperature slowly to avoid condensation on camera, lenses and film.

I too can confirm they do this. Mine had been doing it for about a year but I don't find it a major inconvenience to click it on again.

I don't think it is the cold that causes it although it may cause the metal to contract moving the contacts further apart.

Anyway, as the previous contributor states, these camera's can be used in some pretty seriously low temperatures, more than we would ever find in England.

Regards,

Joe

I know how to fix that!<P>This happened to one of my T90's. I took it into the shop & got charged $75. I saw the tech that fixed it a few weeks later while clubbing. I told him my other T90 was starting to do the same thing. He told me -- for the price of a beer -- the solution.<P>Go to Radio Shack and get a spray can of **oil-free non-lubricating** contact cleaner.<P>Give the control wheel a small blast while spinning it back and forth. You may have to do it two or three times. Remember small blasts. Fixed! (and you guys each owe me a Heineken).

Jim, I can't believe it! I found the stuff in the second Radio Shack I went to, made two tiny sprays into the wheel area, and presto, no more skipping! To think you solved an 8 year problem in 2 seconds.

Vancouver eh?! Arrrrrrrgooooooos! I couldn't resist. Thank-you very much and some time in the next 10 years when I get out there again I will bring you your deserved reward. Take care.