T90 and 540EZ: strange sound when pressing shutter button halfway

a._valerio

<p>I tried a 540EZ on a T90, and am getting a strong, sharp, short, capacitor-like "zinggg" or "whoosh" sound everytime I half-press the shutter button. It's similar to the sound you get if you put your flash unit near a radio and fire it.</p>

<p>What might this be, and is it going to damage the camera? Is it time to find a 300TL?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>What you are hearing is the pre-flash emitter on the flash coming on. If you haven't looked, you'll see at the front of the 540EZ every time you press the shutter button. The same thing happens with the 300TL by the way so I wouldn't worry about it.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>What you are hearing is the pre-flash emitter on the flash coming on. If you haven't looked, you'll see at the front of the 540EZ every time you press the shutter button. The same thing happens with the 300TL by the way so I wouldn't worry about it.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Wow, that makes sense. Thanks! So, the preflash tube fires every time the shutter button is half-pressed?</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>as far as I know the T series flashes are for the t5- & t70 AND the ez series is for the film eos the ex is for the g series and the digital eos is there something I did noit see on the www OR does the t70 use a newer flash?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>We're talking about the T90 here. It can use either T-series or EZ-series units. The 300TL is the only T-series unit that provides the T90 with TTL flash control, but the EZ-series speedlites do, also.</p>