Switching from D70 to D200

laura_dunn

I currently own a D70 and D70s. I am looking to get a D200, getting rid of the

D70 and will use the D70s for backup/second camera. From what I understand,

the batteries (both en-el3 and en-el3a) I have for both the D70 and D70s will

work with the D200, as well as the CF cards, lenses, and my SB600 and SB800.

If this is wrong, can someone please let me know. Thanks.

Agree with Jim. 3 batteries is an absolute minimum if you do any serious long term shooting. 4 would be preferable. :)

The D200 only takes EN-EL3e batteries, but all of your CF cards, lenses, and your SB600s and 800s should work perfectly.

Having also stepped up from a D70, I can say it was more than worth it, and the camera really delivers the goods if you know how to use it. :)

Yes, i am aware that I will need larger CF cards, I only have 1 and 2 gigs now, but moving up from 6 to 10 megapixels will use them up real fast!

Thanks to everyone for your input. My dad will be taking my D70 and he's concerned his speedlight won't work, although he's in Iraq at the moment without his speedlight, so we don't even know which one it is....anywa, thanks again. I'm looking forward to the upgrade, once I find one in stock!

Both EN EL3 and EN EL 3E batteries will operate in the D70/D70s but only the EL3 battery which has a special IC build into the pack (so only Nikon batteries can be used) will operate the D200. This eliminates the generic battery. The chargers for both cameras will work on either battery. If you place the EL battery into the D200 it will fit BUT it will not turn on.