Survey on demographic of Leica forum members.

Please try to respond on Leica M systems only. By age group, number of

rangefinder bodies no specifics, number of lenses no specifics. Age group answer

as follows: Under 40 years old " Spring Chicken"; 40-55 "Journeymen", 55-70

"Middle Aged"; Older than 70 years old "Mentors". Also, if you have no interest

in digital and plan to stick just with film please state "film Only". Me I am

middle aged 1 M body 4 lenses.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I'm not middle aged! Way cool! Now I can totally ignore my grumpiness/creakiness

in the morning - and impress my S.O. with the revitalized prowess which comes from

knowing that I'm not yet over-the-hill!! Thank You!! (I'm now genuflecting in your

direction).

So glad to be a "Journeyman!" (about to take a journey also!) and I've got two M-bodies

and three M-lenses.

middle-aged, embarrassed to tell: 3 M-6s, 12 lenses if you count 5 VCs, film only. Embarrassed b/c I promised myself when I bought first M-6 (slightly over 2 yrs ago) that I wouldn't end up with 12 lenses as I did with my Nikon F. I wd use my head and learn to live prudently, training myself with one or two or certainly no more than three lenses. I wd spend my money and time on film and getting better at the craft. But then what Walt Whitman called "the mania of owning things" kicked in.

I was hating myself for being such a hoarder until a couple of weeks ago when I was in NYC at a camera shop with an M-6 around my neck. A fellow shopper struck up a conversation. He was wearing the world's neatest (some sort of green leather, or was it ostrich hide bound) double stroke M-3 around his and let drop that he owned 12 M's. I still feel bad but not terrible.

So, from being a spring chicken (chicken, female,) one then progresses to journeyman (male)?

Call me a spring chicken, I'll never be a journeyman, journeywoman, perhaps.

2 bodies, four lenses.

What if someone is younger than 40?

babe in arms? hot babe in arms?

where's Peter A when you need him?

63 years old. Middleaged? Don't think I'll make it to 126.

M's?-2,3,7, and a NIB M6 HM if anybody out there is interested in one.

Leica Lenses? 24, 3-35s, 40, 4-50s, 4-90s, 135, 200.

Have a D2, but can't really figure out PS very well, so use it mainly for e-mailing shots to the kids. No M8 in my future.

Summary-TDM (too damn many) bodies and lenses. Might make the heirs happy though.

Jerry