Super Speedex - seized helical...

<p>Hi, all - <br /><br />My new Super Speedex arrived today, and everything but the focus helical is in good order. I've (long ago) had a Karat helical apart, but don't even know where to start with this one. Any suggestions on how to get into this and clean/lube the helical? I've tried to gently apply heat from a hair dryer from the rear (to apply directly to the helical) without success - the camera heats up, but the helical doesn't seem to gain much heat.<br /><br />Thanks, <br />Scott</p>

<p>Scott</p>

<p>Wish I could help but lucky for me mine has never needed any repairs. I just took a look at mine and it has me stumped. The large ring with spanner slots on the back of the lensboard turns with the focus. The four surrounding screws look like they might let the entire lens/helical assembly come off maybe then you could see what is going on.<br>

The usual Speedex/Isolette is so simple and easy to work on but these are a whole different breed.<br>

Good luck with it you will love it when you get it working. Mine can easily compete with any of my TLR's (but I don't have one with a Planar or Xenotar) for image quality.<br>

Maybe try over at RFF I know a few of those guys have Supers and have probably been into them.</p>