Sunpak 555 on LX

jeff_livacich

<p>I have a Sunpak 555 which I'd like to use with my Pentax LX and other TTL bodies.<br>

I can get two Sunpak modules for it- the PT-1D or the PT-2D. My manual specifies the PT-1D.<br>

Any listing for the PT-2D specifies the same bodies, so I'm wondering what the difference is between them. Does the PT-2D work with more bodies, or work better, or is there something else about it?</p>

<p>Thanks for that. Those pictures show the PT-1D as having just two contacts, while my TTL Pentax flashes like the AF280T have three. So it would seem to just be dedicated (ready light in viewfinder and maybe sync speed) but not TTL.</p>

<p>But my 555's manual says under Accessories:<br>

"Full camera dedication with full electronic interfacing. Set not only the "X" sync, but much more." How's <em>that</em> for making it clear? Then it lists the modules including the PT-1D, for which it shows the cameras as the ME, MG, ME Super, Super Program, Program Plus, LX, P3, A3000.<br>

What's implied but not expressed is full TTL.</p>

<p>It also mentions the optional Dedicated Cord EXT-11. There it shows the same list of modules to use it with and the text, in part, says this:<br>

"Depending on your camera type, dedicated features may be available that set the "X" shutter speed, provide ready indication inside the viewfinder, TTL on-the-film-plane exposure control and/or auto aperture control."<br>

But the picture only shows two pins, which wouldn't be enough for all that, so I guess I'll try the PT-2D.<br>

I have found little on the PT-2D. I wonder if it's a later version or what.</p>