Sunflower fields within driving distance of Chicago?

jenmartin

Jennifer, you're quite welcome

Those were shot in two fields on M39. Take I-94 east to the M-39 (Southfield road) exit, go north, and stay on the service drive. You'll hit Rotunda in about two miles, and there are several big sunflower fields over the next couple of miles from Rotunda to Hubbard Drive. I don't think there's any north of Hubbard. For one of the fields, I parked in the back part of the parking lot at Ford's "Regent Court" building, for another I parked at the washer/dryer building (you'll figure out which one that is. It's unmistakable). I usually just park, get out of the explorer, wait for the security guard to drive by (they patrol frequently, you won't have to wait more than 5 minutes) and tell him I want to shoot the sunflowers.

You might also want to look for pumpkin patches and corn mazes in the northern

Illinois area. Many of these attractions also have sunflowers. Keep in mind that

northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin have been in severe drought this summer. I

just got back from mid-Illinois and southern Wisconsin and saw many lost corn fields.

• 5 years later...

<p>Does anyone have an exact address this specific location? I am very interested... Maybe some GPS coordinates... I am not familiar with the area but live in Addison, IL... when is the best time to go there.. from when to when? Maybe a city it is located.. this is exactly what i have been looking for... cheers.</p>

<p>Please email me... </p>