Summicron-c 40 mm on Minolta CLE

canwewin

<p>Hi everyone,<br>

<br />I read through the internet that there might be some problems using this lens on a Minolta Cle, like weird cut in VF and focusing problems.</p>

<p>Before buying it I'd like to know if anyone has experience with this combination?</p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>Ludovic</p>

<p>Though not identical in design, they function on either body the same.</p>

<p>As can be seen in the image, the cost saving Minolta design utilizes a traditional moving cam that has an external focus helical. The Summicron is a more complex cut cam that is fixed, employing an internal focus helical.<br /> The latter is a more precise "<strong>no RF play</strong>" design. Exposure to debris, wear or lube failure from large helical movement, can later create an issue...</p><div>00ajJ4-490771584.JPG.033c04534780a31f27f3d95105b1efc9.JPG</div>

That combination focuses flawlessly - please have a look at my CLE gallery and the CLE review that I did for

photo.net (sorry that I do not provide direct links - posting this from my phone). And even with the original hood

attached, it is far from intruding into the 40 mm frame lines. So please, in the future, do not believe *anything* that you

read on the Internet :-)