Summer GAS attack #2- The Minolta A

rogerwb

<p>At one of my haunts that sells old stuff, there was this Minolta A sitting by itself with a bunch of unrelated junk and a price tag of $8.00. Since it was one of the first of the Japanese RF invasion, I grabbed it, even if it didn't initially work. To my surprise, all the speeds worked and the RF only needed a minor adjustment.<br>

Here's some results, starting with the bridge that goes to the island I live on and the north end of the channel.</p><div>00XKaY-282843584.jpg.5cdd0cf7f5edb9d581efadf4049b6d83.jpg</div>

<p>Street Repair. Most of the streets on the island go straight from the main road, which is on the "backbone" of the island, straight to the water. They seem to get more maintenance than the more sparsely populated and older crooked streets. This is definitely not my street.</p><div>00XKam-282847584.jpg.c1bcd552b747821440e2553a192cf744.jpg</div>

<p>When I got to this spot, you couldn't see across the channel to the neighboring island. I saw the sun starting to break through and fired hastily. A few seconds later, the sun was shining and the fog was gone. Proves the old Maine adage, " If you don't like the weather, wait a minute."</p>

<p>Great find and great post. I especially like the Lifting of the Fog picture.</p>

<p>I got my 'A' this past spring and have enjoyed the results from its 4 element Rokkor. I had a couple of A-2s but 'A' had eluded me for a while. They are really uniquely designed cameras and very capable optics. The only thing I was not too crazy about with the 'A" was its removable back. Other than that it is just fine.</p>

<p>Well done, Roger. One came my way about a month ago, but I haven't had a chance to clean it yet, let alone put a film through it. From the look of your fine photographs, it's well worth cleaning up. They're all very sharp, with great tones. I'm impressed by the solid feel of the camera and it's build quality, and the nice clicky way everything works. I'll have to say mine cost me quite a bit more than your measly eight bucks....You're a lucky guy. Thanks for an encouraging post.</p>