Suggestion needed.

ismail_ba_aran

Canon friends,

I need to advice a friend which Canon body and lenses to buy. I know her needs and she is looking for. I can advice the match to her

needs in Nikon language (I am a Nikon user) but I ll suggest to buy Canon counter types as she already has some Canon equipment that

she may choose to use as a second body and as additional equipment.

What she needs are as below. Would you pls suggest the match in Canon portfolio.

Nikon D7100 + 50 mm 1.8 + 60 mm micro 2.8 + 24-120 mm f4 + 70-200 mm f4

Would you pls advise on Canon counter types of

Nikkor 18-50 f2.8

Thx in advance

<p>I would say the closest match to the Nikon 7100 would be the Canon 7D(18MG pixels). Canon has a 50mm f1.8($99), and f1.4, a 100mm Macro f2.8(L and non-L) , a 24-105mm(L) and a 70-200 f4(L) . 'L' in this case means expensive. </p>

<p>Actually, the "Rebels" (US, elsewhere xxxD) are a good buy if you get the newest ones with lots of pixels. The 7D, although getting older, is still a superb camera at a 'professional' level for APS-C bodies.<br>

Both Nikon and Canon reward their faithful with superb, cheap primes like the 50mm f/1.8 lenses.<br>

The latest versions of the "kit" lenses like the 18-55 or so are similarly "loss leaders" for both companies. You have to spend much more than twice as much to get a "twice better" lens in the same ranges.</p>