Suggest Books of Photos by Famous Photographers

I'm just starting the process of buying books of photographs taken by famous photographers to build up my library (and hopefully, learn a thing or two). So far, I have Diane Arbus, Edward Weston, Robert Frank, Henri Cartier-Bresson, and Ansel Adams covered.

I'm mainly interested in photos taken sometime around WWII and on to the present. Can anyone suggest some good photo books for my library?

Thanks.

In the American West by Richard Avedon,

Avedon at Work: In the American West by Laura Wilson, (one I look at often for inspiration)

Evidence, by Richard Avedon,

The Map, by Kikuji Kawada,

San Francisco Noir, by Fred Lyon

Shinjuku, Daido Moriyama

• Like 1
www.citysnaps.net

Here are a few of my favorite books of photographs,

Brett Weston, Photographs from Five Decades

John Sexton, Places of Power

Eliot Porter, The West

Paul Strand, Aperture Masters of Photography Series

Wynn Bullock, Photography: a Way of Life

Galen Rowell: a Retrospective

Edited by Glenn McCreery

Steichen and Stieglitz are two that you have books on. There are general books of Stieglitz photographs but two of my favorites are his book on Lake George and a book of photographs that he took of Georgia O'Keefe over many years.

Any book with good copies of prints by Frederick Evans.

If you want a GREAT book that will give you ideas on a number of photographers that you might be interested in, you need to have a copy of the Beaumont Newhall's History of Photography.

By the way, since it’s easily doable these days and not terribly expensive, especially if you wait for one of the many sales offered, I’d highly recommend making a photo book of your own. It’s a great experience. You get to see your own photos in print and have the opportunity to cull your work into a cohesive organism.
There’s always something new under the sun.