substitute to Westcott 10' light stand?

lesterphoto

<p>I just got a Westcott light boom and was disappointed to discover that it won't fit on my regular light stands.<br />So I'm trying to find a Westcott 10' light stand. Is there a different light stand that will work or am I forced to buy the hard-to-find Westcott 10' light stand. And I don't want to buy a c-stand, they are just too heavy for my needs.</p>

<p>If you are planning on placing a boom and a light of any weight on a stand that is less sturdy than a C-stand; you're likely going to spend serious time picking up pieces of the light. You need something very substantial and with a very broad footprint to try to keep the center of gravity well balanced.</p>

<p>As to your regular stands, can you be more specific as to why it wont fit on your current stands? If the mount too narrow to fit over the stand stud, or what?</p>

<p>If it's a matter of not fitting the stud or screw at the top of the stand, you probably only need an adaptor, not a new lightstand. What brand are you using? I use Bogen/Manfrotto and have never found anything that can't be attached. They make various models from lightweight to heavy. Light stands are pretty generic so I can't imagine there is anything about a Westcott stand that is significantly different from others.</p>