Stylus Epic--how to set date?

hyunyu

<p>I just dug out my old Stylus Epic that I'm going to carry around with me, loaded with B&W film. Just handling it brought back fond memories and pleasure at its design.</p>

<p>A quick question (I can't find my manual at the moment): How do I set the correct date in the camera (it's the Quartz Date model). The plan is to have the first frame in each roll taken with the date stamp on so as to remind me when the roll was taken. </p>

<p>Thank you for any help.</p>

<p>Found it--a Dejanews (Google Groups, oops) search from 2001 on rec.photo.equipment.35mm:</p>

<p>In case others need the info down the road, here it is:</p>

<p>"Press and hold the "mode" button until a flashing display appears. You <br /> will then see year, month day, with year flashing. For each press of <br /> the "<strong >set</strong> " button, the year will advance. If you hold the "<strong >set</strong> " button, <br /> it will ripple quickly through years. The next press of "mode" will <br /> cause the month to flash, and so on. After you <strong >set</strong> the day, the hour <br /> and minute will appear. The final press of the "mode" button takes it <br /> out of the setting mode. <br /> Short presses of the mode button cycle through the various options of <br /> display format, including no <strong >date</strong> /time stamp."</p>

<p>Thank you Herbert Kanner (the OP).</p>