Stroboframe Pro-T and Canon 1D series body..?

zml

<p>Since my no-name flash rotating bracket gave out ghost, I'm looking for a new one. Anybody using Stroboframe Pro-T or Pro-T/m bracket with 1Ds/1D series bodies and a 580 EX flash head? I prefer the brackets that rotate the flash head rather the ones that rotate the camera, hence the Pro-T. I also prefer to shoot with the camera grip on top in vertical (natural position, but some brackets force you to reverse the camera in vertical...) I see lots of people shoot with crazy, Rube Goldbergian contraptions and Stroboframe looks clean and functional (and it is inexpensive...)<br>

Any other alternatives (other than RRS - have no interest in buying anything from them) ? All experiences welcome!</p>

<p>I don't have a 1D body, but use a 5D with a vertical grip, which gives the camera a similar form. I don't like the Pro T because it puts the weight of the flash forward of the camera body, and over time (like 6-8 hours at a wedding) my right wrist would get stressed. Would be fine if you don't need to use it for a long time.</p>

<p>I would suggest Flash Frame Hand On Top bracket. I use a Stratos 1035 backwards, so the vertical shutter button can be correctly used.</p>

<p>The Custom Bracket Digital T is also nice, and it folds, but you don't have much room to adjust for compactness.</p>