Strobe/modifier Suggestions

derekkeatonphoto

I've been doing many portraits with my large format camera and strobes, just playing with simple white backdrop head shots.

I have two strobes and a speedlight. Since indoor lighting is somewhat an experiment for me, I was just looking for some cool suggestions for lighting using these sources. I have a 22" beauty dish, two medium softboxes, reflective umbrellas and shoot through umbrellas. So, those are what i'm working with, no grids unfortunately. I almost always use the beauty dish and have done many setups, but looking for other suggestions. What would you try? I want to play more with these and would love some suggestions and opinion. Also any other modifiers I should consider to play with. Happy Sunday!

Thanks

JTweb.jpg.6845fd6495a303d516ca32ef48eff040.jpg

Edited by derekkeatonphoto

• 2 weeks later...
Master each strobe and modifier individually. Self assign tasks such as one light portraits. Once you've got a feel for one light, start using two, one key and one fill. Try using a soft box as key while using an umbrella as a subtle fill. Don't worry about more modifiers or the grids, until you're comfortable with what you have.
  • Like 1