Storing Equipment

josh_henderson

Long term stuff goes into steel ammunition boxes with silicagel. They have a sturdy lockdown and sealed lids. As mentioned elsewhere, I've found new steel paint cans with teflon lining to be excellent for some things for the same reason.

Fear of Fungus? Keep the stuff at less than 60% humidity, and at less than 60F and it does not progress or form.

In a Peican case (except when I need it for traveling) with a bag of re-chargeable dessicant (the type that comes in telecom equipment crates). I thought of using a snap seal closet organizer type of plastic tub but I'm worried a tad about the plastic outgassing, though I don't know if the Pelican is better in this regard or not.

My vote for Pelicans as well. I store my stuff in the 1600's and 1400's and they are great. I have cameras and lights in them. You can buy the rechargeable silicon things and put the in the oven every couple months or whatever the time frame is. Plus they have a lifetime unconditional guarantee. We use them back at homestation in our support flight and i was demonstrating how strong they were because they guys didn't believe me that they were almost unbreakable. I picked them up and threw a couple outside on the cement really high and they were fine, nothing happened. I've used them to travel with as well. I bought a 1400 and put just a single AE-1P w/ 50mm in it and locked it and flew with it. Very nice (not a rep, just a loyal customer)

i also have 3 ac powered cabinets,made in hong kong.very nice quality and very cheap. i got

them here in mexico, but have not been able to find them in the internet. they have a glass

door and humidity control knob and hygrometer,nice sliding trays and also a lock. got them

in a store named "camara1". you can google them and ask if the can ship to usa or any other

information. let me know what they say or if you need any help.