Storage of chemistry and impact of air in bottles?

Can you help me understand which of the following solutions need to be stored in a full bottle without any air?

Developer - Stock Solution: I presume the answer here is YES

Developer - Working Solution: I believe the answer here is a resolute YES

Stop Bath - Stock Solution: ?

Stop Bath - Working Solution: ?

Fixer - Stock Solution: ?

Fixer - Working Solution: ?

Hypo Clearing Wash - Stock Solution: ?

Thank you.

developers are the most sensitive to air.

I have not completely figured out working solutions of rapid fixers.

I believe that they aren't air sensitive, but instead lose acetate and

shift pH, which isn't good. For other fixers, ordinary use should be fine.

Developer concentrates, ones that come as liquid in bottles,

are usually strong enough to live with a little air.

Indicator stop bath has a yellow indicator that turns purple when

the pH is wrong, due to carry over developer.

I believe hypo clear is at least slightly air sensitive.

Probably sealed bottles mostly filled are close enough.

Sulfite does oxidize to sulfate, but I believe pretty slowly.

-- glen

Currently, I use cathecol / pyro staining film developers ALL DYI mixed in propylene glycol and used as one shots. I usually mix these up in 100ml batches, but a 1liter mix from early 2018 still works without any noticeable degradation. Fixer is DIY thiosulfate and is only recycled when clearing time passes 7 min per roll. Stop bath is plain water with the pyros.

I have not done any wet lab printing in over 5 years but then paper developer was mixed in 1 gal batches, storage being in collapsible bottles to purge air. I used this up faster than it could oxidize. I never tried to save a working print solution. . . that is asking for trouble. Stop bath was water with glacial acidic acid added and the solution replaced each ten (10) 8x10 prints. Fixer again DYI thiosulfate, returned to common 1 gal bottles and tested for silver levels now and then.

Don't panic as most chemistry is very forgiving.

Aloha, Bill

It's been decades but I never worried about anything except developer. Working solutions mixed right before use and never stored. I finally went to mixing my own developers from dry chemicals because I could mix small batches to match my small consumption. You also know exactly what you're getting when you mix your own- same stuff every time.

For the cost of the chemicals it simply isn't worth storing working strength solutions. I use ID11 which is only liquid when mixed to stock strength. In this case, store in collapsible bottles. Stop bath neat is kept in original bottles with air in and keeps for over a year. When mixed, use once and dump as the cost is pence. Same for fix. You may save a few quid over the months by storing working strength solutions but your print may suffer in the short term from the developer and long term from the fixer.

If you are like me and spend hours in the darkroom to get a decent print, saving 50p just isn't worth the time spent.