I have a problem finding a website that does not charge ridiculous amounts of money for stock images. A friend recommended one and I think they're using it wrong because to print anything you need an extended license, which requires 5-10 times to original posted amount.(anywhere from 100-500USD) Does anyone know of a decent place to purchase images? I need it for a charity calendar. We print less than 3000 copies. I already have the photo finished, I just need a background that I can't take myself as we don't live in an area with a ton of wild poppies. I just needed a poppy photo with sky. Again, I'm not printing t-shirts, mugs, posters or even the full photo, just need a decent background.

Related. I saw an NBC news stories a few years ago about a stock photo website that pays anyone for their images. Anyone know it?

There are lots of "rights free" stock photo sites on the web, you should find what you want for less than $100. Just google "rights free images" and you will find them. As for a website that pays anyone for their images, you get paid if they accept your images AND license your image to a user. No one just "pays anyone for their photos" TGTBT.